Since General Musharraf has decided and declared to return to Pakistan, we consider it imperative that his vision and achievements be brought once again to the kind notice of the Pakistani public. A solid economically stable Pakistan is essential to our future’s prosperity and independence!
Compiled by: Afreen Baig
Updated March 2013
1. Pakistan economy was the 3rd fastest growing economy in Asia, after China & India in 2006. [Source]
3. Industrial sector registered 26% growth. [Source] and Construction activity was 17 years high.
6. Small Scale Manufacturing, according to Federal Bureau of Statistics registered an 80% growth in 2005 since 2000 [Source]
7. Pakistan IT industry, which was virtually non-existent 7 years back, in 2006-07 valued around $2.8 billion, including $1.4 billion of IT exports. Number of IT companies rose to 1306. [Source] and [Source]
8. Telecom Industry’s growth had resulted in creation of 80,000 jobs directly and 500,000 jobs indirectly. Since July 2003, regulators have handed out more than 900 fixed, mobile, and long-distance licenses to some 50 companies. Already Tele-density has increased from 4% to about 45% of the population. The number of mobile subscribers has increased from 1.6 million in 2001 to over 88 million in 2007-08. [Source] and [Source]